Ein schwierige Saison mit vielen Ungewissheiten hat einen tollen Abschluss für unsere Laser 4.7 Segler gebracht, alle unsere Erwartungen und Hoffnungen wurden weit übertroffen, dazu Coach Damir:
After all emotions settled down (read: finish driving!) a little bit, let me tell you what we were doing last 12 days:
What an extraordinary week we had in @Vilamoura on the 2020 European ILCA (Laser) 4.7 championship!!!
After a difficult start of the season, with the COVID-19 closing us down, unable to prepare the championship properly, we didn’t know what to expect. But the team was having a blast during the week, performing over any expectations! Have a look:
- Anja von Allmen European Champion girl
- Martin Attila 5th place (his first ever regata in the Laser 4.7 class)
- Massimiliano Antoniazzi 7th place overall and U16
- Emilie Tschanz 15th in girls fleet
- Louis Oldani 62nd
- Benjamin Scharbert 78th (after he had a surgery on his sholder 2 months ago, and was not shure that he will manage to be with us)
- And offcourse my Despasito Anastassis Garipis European champion boy that is part of the team, often training with us!
All Results here
What can i say after that?!?! I’m speechless... I’m proud of you all, you made my week unforgettable!!! Thank you very much! Special thanks goes to Carmen & Alberto, that are always behind the scenes, fixing problems so we can focus just on sailing, Parents, that are supporting this kids emotionally and financially (keep doing it, they deserve it!), my colleagues Antonis, Nikos & Luka, that made our preparation & summer funnier, building up a strong team spirit, that we already had in our DRCS Sailing Team! Now, we celebrate a little bit, and we wait what will happen next!